Sunday, August 5, 2007

Soul Searching Trip

I took one week off work and went back to my little hometown. And I had the best time of my life. Not because I saw beautiful sights and sounds, or went on adventures and met exciting people, but I spent a lot of time with my Grandma and my family.

My Grandma had been very weak before I came home- didn't have the will to live. But we had a great time together this past week- I can tell from her eyes - and my gosh, did her energy come back. She cooked, play mahjong walked and we talked about everything under the sun from her life when she was a girl, to my grandad to the time when he died, to her dreams of him, and advice on life. And when she played Mahjong with my mum, sis and me, she was so energetic! So full of life...

I had never seen her so happy. I had never been so happy. And she told me that I was her "Happy Pill"- I guess she just wanted someone to talk to about her inner deepest feelings. I think she was also very lonely. I don't want her to be lonely or sad or misreable.

My dad also took time off work. We also had plenty soul-searching talk about life. He told me " The main aim in life is to be happy. Work should never get in the way of your happiness".

I think this week I've realised what makes me very happy - being around my grandma and my family. It makes me think that I should give up a high flying job (that's really shit anyway), leave a safe and clean environment, an independent life in Singapore- and move back closely to home...

1 Comments:

At August 6, 2007 at 3:52 PM , Blogger Souciance said...

Come with me to Africa in three years time if you wish to leave the safety of modern society and perhaps "suffer" in order to bring out your primitive inner states. I have already started to save money for the school project.
//Moeed.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home