Monday, July 23, 2007

Happy Sunday



Someone close told me that my blog was depressing. Well, actually, life had been quite sucky recently. Work and Life. I've been down in the dumps alot.





But today, Sunday- was a good day. All thanks to external forces:

I went to the gym, and my personal trainer gave me a good workout- he said " You want a toner, leaner body by September? No problem- Now give me thirty, no pain no gain!!" It was painful but my god, after pushing myself to the limit, I felt so cleansed, so recharged, so ready to take on the world again!

I love my gym, I love going to the gym, I love pushing myself to the limit, feeling the pain, the shortness of breath. It makes me feel alive.

One strange thing happened though. Not sure whether to laugh or cry

My personal trainer said" Do you know, sometimes you look like a little boy - I think its' the short hair and the things you say, reminds me of a little boy. The types that old Auntys and Uncles like" And he didn't stop there. " Actually, your face look like something out of a cartoon, actually. Do your brothers and sister look like you as well? "

Me- "What??!!!" Nobody had ever compared me to a cartoon before. The images of Donald duck appeared.

Trainer- " Well, it's not like you look like the Simpsons, but your face does look like a cartoon."

I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry? What kind of comment was that? To cheer myself up, I thought Anime are also cartoons. Although, my eyes aren't really bigger than my mouth. And I do have a nose... well anyway.

The day went on better as I met two friends, one for lunch and another one for dinner. I hadn't met both of them in a long time, but having food and chatting with them was like nothing had ever changed. I do enjoy their company so much.

My lunch buddy was my university friend that I hadn't met although we were both working in the same city for over a year now. We were both very ashamed of ourselves, to let one year pass before meeting up. But we chatted as if nothing had changed. He tempted me to get 4 inches stiletto. He said " The best types of shoes a woman can wear to attract a man are the ones that are the most painful" And then he proceeded to choose the funkiest silver killer stilletos for me. My god. And you know what? It did ache for the 10 sec I wore them, but I did look gorgeous. But of course, I didn't buy them. I may be vain, but I'm not insane! I have missed his company.

Dinner was with one of my muse. A guy who always manages to brighten me up and to surprise me with the most interesting conversations. I always cheer up when I'm around him. I don't know why. Maybe it's because he laughs at my jokes.

And he puts things into perspective. Made me realise that if I don't quit my job now, I never will get another opportunity. And more importantly, it's not me that's boring, it's just that I can't really talk and talk around my colleagues, and it's OK because other people also feel this way. Because after work, I am interesting, charming and nice and fun to be with. I need that.

Work sometimes zaps away all my confidence, and a good friend who enjoys my company really gives my confidence back to me. Sometimes, that's more important than the air I breathe.

It's been a good day. God bless the gym and good friends.

2 Comments:

At July 23, 2007 at 1:37 AM , Blogger wreck of the day said...

hey you.
it's always great to have things in prospective isn't it?
Anyways, hope you're feeling great and happier.
It sucks when you can't talk to people around you.
xoxo
yorsh

 
At July 31, 2007 at 12:29 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

you look great on the picture! mature and slim,,,lisa

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home