Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Personal Training

This evening, I couldn't wait to get off work. I was literally skipping my way to the gym for my hour of personal training. And I haven't been this excited about going anywhere.

Last week we worked on my core mucsles. Today, we worked on my back and arms. We start wtih warm up- 7 min on a step machine called 'THE STEP MASTER'. 7 min may not be long, BUT when you are forced to make 200 steps in 1 minuet, it is a killer. Usually, I warm up by myself, and 7:00min is the max that I do.

Today, Just as I made it to 6:30min and felt my legs were going to give way, my trainer, Andy had snuck up behind me and said "Let's make it to 11:00min !" - I am amazed what my legs can do under incredulous, unreasonable demands. And this was only the warm up...

...One hour later... it hurts, it's tiring, and at times, I just wanted to stop there and then. But I love pushing myself over the limit, beating obstacles one by one. I love the pain, the struggle, and afterwards when everything hurts. Andy is a god-send. I needed someone to push me, to encourage, guide, but not intimidate me or put me down.

The Gym makes me feel alive. And completing that hour of training, I feel like a success. It's a exhilarating feeling. My trainer tells me that I am doing great. Three sessions, and I've gained a bit of muscle weight, my posture is better, and I am more confident when I walk and talk.

It's amazing. This is the best money that I have ever spent in my life! *Happy*

1 Comments:

At July 25, 2007 at 9:41 PM , Blogger wreck of the day said...

Hey there. I'm glad you're doing something that gives you direction and satisfication! For me... right now? it's buying clothes and heels *giggles* and ah... manipulating men. Those men are like playthings, so guilible.

Can't wait for you to come home.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home