Thursday, July 26, 2007

Mr Right ... or Wrong ?

I joined a dating agency some time back. It's a Blind Date sort of thing- except, here, you don't get to see the picture of your potential guys. What happens is that the agency collects information about you: your history, your height, your occupation, your interests, your achievements, etc. and then try you match you with another person who has similar interests, hoping that both of you will have chemistry.

The lady at this agency, Mir, called me yesterday and today- introducing me to 2 men - Joseph and Sam. I'm rather picky in the men that they choose. I don't think they are good at choosing matches. My first date was a diasater with a capital D. I complianed that I wanted someone more laid back, less ambitious. So when Mir introduce new men to me, I scrutinize, ask lots of questions, complian, and you know what? - I get better services as a result.

So now, I have 2 contenders to choose from:

Contender 1 (* Read this in a flassy suavy voice*) : His name is Joseph, he's 26 years old- never been married, free thinker. Graduated from NTU (Singapore University), 1.77m in height and he's a lawyer. He's into the theatre and the museum. In his free time, he likes volunterring work. He likes to read non-fiction war stories, fantasies, and action. He likes red wine, after attending a wine appreciation course before. He's also a nature person, who likes to walk along the beach and appreciate the forest reserve. He's well articulated, and he's friendly, and he's laid back. He's a well articulated young man, and wears square glasses. Oh, and did I mentioned that he's laid back.

Contender 2: His name is Sam. He's 27 years old- never been married, Christian. Eldest in the family, Graduated from Cambridge, 1.70m in height and he's an aeronautical engineer. He's into snorkelling, hiking, wake boarding. He likes to read non-fiction war stories, fantasies and action. He also likes volunterring, spending a month in China teaching young children english. He's shy at first, but gradually opens up. Spontaneous and likes adventures. He's laid back, has board shoulders and boyishly good looks. (Honestly, I do not trust Mir's taste.) And he's into nature and travels frequently.

Now Mir wants me to make a choice. I've not too keen with the characteristics highlighted in bold. Hate lawyers, don't believe that boyishly good looks is good looking either. I'ver persuaded her to get me a third contender, and then I'll make my choices from these three. But this is my blind date experience. I don't think any of these dates will work out, but I guess, this is what makes my life interesting. So if you were me, which one would you choose? Stay tune to find out more about my third contender....

1 Comments:

At July 27, 2007 at 4:39 PM , Blogger wreck of the day said...

Hmm. What DID you put in your interest and stuff? I really do wonder.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home