Saturday, August 11, 2007

Blood sucking experience


Today, I wanted to do something special, and I did! I didn't expect to do it, but I did :) - I donated blood for the first time.

My friend met up with me for lunch. And he told me that he was going to donate blood. I thought for a while, and asked whether I could come along. My though process was this: " Donate blood?!! Are you crazy ?? What for? You're afraid of needles, It's painful, you'll loose blood (duh) and for what? what's the point?? - but but but" my thought process went on, "- You've never tried it before, why don't you? It could be something exciting, something satisfying, come on, come on...overcome the fear, don't be such a wimp", and before I could stop it, I said " Can I come along? " ...

... so an hour later, after asking some stupid questions like : " Are the needles sterile?" and " will it hurt?" , I was in the blood donation clinic. I had to fill out a questionnaire with questions such as:

"Have you slept with prostitute?" , correct answer "No"
"Have you given a gifts to a prostitute?", " correct answer "No"
"Have you had causal sex ", correct answer "No"
"Do you know that casual sex can lead to sexually transmitted diseases?", correct answer "Yes" - btw, I got that answer wrong because I was too quick in answering the questionnaire...

To draw a long story short, I got a sticker that said :" Be kind! It's my first time donating blood!" , I was soon ushered into a big hall, with 12 seats. I sat in one of the seat, and the nurse first numbed my vein with an anesthetic, and then took out a LARGE THICK needle... I nearly fainted.. luckily, I told the nurse " Please please please be careful, it's my first time" - and they were kind enough to be gentle and explain what they were going to do.. also, due to the anesthetic, I didn't feel a thing!

I saw my blood being sucked out. It's quite fasinating, the red liquid being filled in a small bag, In 10-15 minutes, I lost 450ml of blood... I was loosing blood, and so I could be a baby. I made my friend keep my company, and take pictures of me :) - afterwards, I also asked the nurse to wrap my arm in blue smiley bandage.


*I feel good*


2 Comments:

At August 12, 2007 at 8:24 PM , Blogger wreck of the day said...

you are disgusthing.
well nto really
just very brave
good for you!
xoxox

 
At August 14, 2007 at 5:46 PM , Blogger Souciance said...

Hey, so cool of you Yorlin to donate blood! You actually inspire me to do the same. I will do it as well..just need to book an appointment. Gosh I will we lived closer together. A date and a long chat about all sorts of things. Also I could teach you tennis or maybe play badminton or go for a swim. Ihhh my imagination is running wild..Anyway talk to you soon and I have a feeling we´ll see each other next year :)..take care!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home