Sunday, August 19, 2007

Blind Dates

I will never never never ever go on blind dates ever again!

Blind dates work like this: - You are scheduled to meet a person at you know nothing about , except the *crap* the agency tells you - i.e. his age, what he does for a living, what he likes to do in his free time, blah blah blah. You arrive at a designated location at the designated hour and try to strike up a conversation and get some connections going with this total stranger.

You meet your date sitting there waiting for you. And when you make eye contact, you go " Oh dear, THIS is what he looks like". And you see your grand plans of seducing your Mr. Right go up in flames.

And being polite, (and because it's expected of you), you either start interogating your date: " Where are you from, what do you do, why are you here" or do the small talk startegy and make yourself sound smart: " You know, I don't think that the dating agency is really that effective, I'm ready to ask for my money back. How has your experience been?" or " Hmm, the property market is so hot here, isn't it" ...

Either way - blind dates reminds me more of a business meeting than a date. It's hard to make a connection when you're sceptical and when you think " Oh ..shit.. what am I in for??" within the first 1o min of the date.

I was sooo tempted to shake my date's hand at the end, and give him my business card... never again.. I will continue my search in a pub/club with alcohol and low cut tops . I think my success rates would be MUCH higher... and I think I would be MUCH more satisfied.

3 Comments:

At August 19, 2007 at 1:11 AM , Blogger wreck of the day said...

Poor you.

 
At August 19, 2007 at 1:11 AM , Blogger wreck of the day said...

You should probably go on blind dates set by friends. Rather than dating agency.

 
At August 21, 2007 at 6:09 AM , Blogger iniju said...

You'll probably have more successes with pub/drinks/low-cut combo (don't forget high heels too). Also more disappointments. In any case, don't go to a first date with ideas about Mr Right, 99.9% you're going to be disappointed. Start with Mr OK and see if that becomes Mr Right or Mr Oh-well...

:D Keep up the good writing

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home