Saturday, September 8, 2007

Musings - Friends

Today, one of my friend asked me out for lunch. As I had nothing better to do, I said "Yes". I have to admit that as much as I've never really enjoyed his company, but I'd prefer this sometimes than to being alone. He's a bit of a loner at work and is quite annoying, and he doesn't have many interests- so its hard to talk to him. And yet he tells me that I'm his closest friend.

We've never been out, aside from dinners after work. Today, we had brunch, visited some national monuments, and had lunch and just chatted about life and our thoughts. I think today, I saw him as a real person - past all the horrible jokes that he tells, his annoying voice, his weird habits... and saw that he was looking for all what each of us wants - acceptance and companionship.

And in a way, he provided me with the company that I needed, and took away some of my burden. I realised now that I shouldn't be picky when I choose friends, because I'd never know what they can give when I need it the most.

*I feel Blessed*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home