Sunday, August 26, 2007

Musings - Fireflies

I saw fireflies on friday evening - outside my house.

They are beautiful erratic creatures. In the night sky, you can't be certain whether its the stars or the fireflies - until they start moving. Little sparks of light in the sky- whizzing around from one tree to the next.

They really do remind me of fairies.

My dad and I spent a few minutes admiring the sight. I sure am lucky to have firefires outside my home.

I told my sister "Look, fireflies!"

She answered " Yeah, yeah, we've seen them already - they're always there. Can we go now?"

I think it's such a pity that we take these tiny things in life for granted. But who am I to judge? I take the silly band "Simple Plan, or Good Charlotte or Harry Potter or America's next top model" for granted... and for some reason, my sister go crazy over them...

Prehaps I just appreciate the finer things in life... :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home