Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Eve Dinner

I am blessed. On Christmas eve, I recevied a phone call from a lady friend I met last week - asking me to come over to her house for Christmas Eve dinner. As my other option was to try the dodgy cooking of one of my acquintances, I said yes immediately. And I was not dissapointed.

I was so surprised when I reached her home. It was amazing. These people, are the ATAS people of the ATAS group (ATAS - means the top people- the very very very rich people). Their home - was like a Bali Resort - every piece of wood, every piece of tile. *Wow* - Is all I can say. And then, there's the free flowing bubbly white wine to start the party off...

And I haven't reached Dinner yet. Imagine going downstairs, to have Dinner next to the 10 metres swimming pool, and have *3* maids to serve 8 people....

And the table, - the table was just amazing. Long table, sprinkled with rose petals and (fake) crystals, with large birdcages on both sides of the table. And in these white birdcages, there were real apples and large lighted candles.... can you imagine... and in the middle was a large bowl with water, and floating candles - and the entire bowl was surrounded by mistletoes...

I felt that I was having dinner with the Queen - or someone more ATAS than the queen... and every dish came with a different kind of wine to suit the food - so we had different white wine and red wines for the starters, main and dessert, and all this while smooth music throughout the house....

One funny thing was that there were a few teenage kids at the table- all dressed as if there were attending a grand ball. One of the girl was the daughter of the hostess. And she bought along her boyfriend. And this dear boy - came dressed in a Tuxedo - whereas the host was dressed just in a t-shirt. And this dear boy actually pulled the chair out and in for the girl EVERYTIME she got up.. I mean ...wow - why can't I get a Man like that? Or perhaps they always start out like that when they're little boys and one day realise that it's pointless - and goes "Fuck it! She can pull her own chair" and grow up to be real men.... maybe...

Anyway, the dinner really felt like Christmas -the candles, the atmospheres, the dinner - and I really felt like I was in a tropical resort...I'm so glad they invited me over for dinner, and invited me to share their life - it was amazing... I am very blessed...

I think I should just become a salesman. That's what the host and hostess are - sales people... That's where the money is...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home